VerLyn N. Jensen
Location: Newport Beach, California
Mr. VerLyn Jensen was born in Reno, NV in 1939. Raised in Riverside, CA from 1941 through 1961. Married to Diane Hamilton Jensen for 57 years. He has four grown children and seven grandchildren. He has lived in Orange County since 1964. Mr. Jensen focuses on Complex Estate Planning and related Business Matters. He also has over forty years’ experience in all phases of the Solid Waste Industry in the Western United States. He received a B.A., with highest honors, in 1961 from the University of California, Riverside, and an LL.B. from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall), in 1964. He is a member of the California State Bar (1965) and the Bar of the District of Columbia (1984) and the Orange County and American Bar Associations. He has been admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States (1975) and the Tax Court of the United States (1968). He was President of the Boalt Hall Alumni Association in 1973-1974. He was General Counsel to the Select Committee on Committees in the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington, DC in 1979 and 1980. He has been “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell for more than thirty-five years.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Estate Planning
- Related Business Matters
- Complex Land Use Regulation
- Solid Waste and Other Environmental Management
- State of California since 1965
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, since 1965
- U.S. Tax Court, since 1968
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, since 1975
- District of Columbia, since 1984
- University of California School of Law, L.L.B., Berkeley 1964, Boalt Hall Student Association – President 1963-64, Boalt Hall Alumni Association – President 1973
- University of California, Riverside
B.A., 1961 Economics Major
Honors: with Highest Honors
Pro Bono Activities
- The Peter and Mary Muth Foundation – President of Organization since its formation in 1983
- The Boys and Girls Club of Tustin – Incorporated the Organization in 1966, President and Current Director. Incorporated The Endowment Fund of the Boys and Girls Club of Tustin in 1974.
- The Travelers of Gulliver’s – Incorporated the Organization in 1999, President for several years. This is an IRC 501 (c) (3) charity devoted to helping children.
- Noble Viking Charities – Chief of the Organization in 2003 and 2004, Chairman of the “Christmas Food Baskets” Committee since 2005, Founder and Current Director of The Endowment Fund of The Noble Viking Charities since 2005
- Golf Fore Life Skills – Secretary and Director of Organization since its formation in 2010