Southern California consistently ranks as one of the strongest business regions in the world and the real estate industry is perhaps its most vital component. Jensen & Jensen, LLP, is a boutique law firm whose attorneys have successfully handled real estate transactions and land use matters, business formation and operations, and executive estate planning for many, many years.
We have extensive experience handling commercial lease transactions for both landlords and tenants and will handle the many issues raised during lease negotiations, including (as a small sample):
- rent escalation clauses;
- common area maintenance (CAM) exclusions;
- repair and maintenance responsibilities;
- options to renew;options to purchase;
- rights of first refusal;
- hazardous materials liability;
- ADA compliance responsibility;
- lease termination obligations.
We have handled hundreds of land and investment property acquisitions and sales, involving (among the myriad issues):
- letters of intent (LOI);
- purchase and sale agreement (PSA);
- supplemental escrow instructions;
- title review (easements; water rights; mineral rights; mechanics liens; judgment liens; utility easements);
- due diligence review (survey; ALTA survey; as-built survey; Phase I environmental report; Phase II environmental report; building inspection; lease review; encroachments);
- financing (promissory note; deed of trust; loan agreement; personal guaranty; continuing guaranty; environmental indemnity; assignment of leases);
- close of escrow.